Things to Do in Dawsonville
Dawsonville, GA Attractions
Here are some of the most popular local attractions in Dawsonville, GA that bring us fame and thousands of yearly visitors.
- Atlanta Motorsports Park boasts a ton of white-knuckle thrilling experiences, including outdoor karting near Atlanta, an F1 style road course, a driving academy and many one-of-a-kind group experiences. Take a look at our pages to see all the adrenaline pumping excitement we can offer you!
- The Georgia Racing Hall of Fame is such an important part of the city that it shares a roof with Dawsonville City Hall. Inside the museum, you will find a huge number of authentically restored and replica vehicles detailing the history of stock car racing from its roots in the moonshine running days. The museum includes a sizeable array of NASCAR history and memorabilia from champion driver and Dawsonville local Bill Elliott.
- Dawsonville Moonshine Distiller brews up quite a potent mug of white lightning, although the delicious array of flavors helps curb the kick. Enjoy tours, take-home samples and the yearly Moonshine Festival held every October.
- Gibbs Gardens just down Highway 53 from downtown Dawsonville has 220 acres of gorgeous gardens and landscaping with 16 different themes, including a tranquil koi pond.
- North Georgia Premium Outlets has the best array of outlet stores this side of Commerce. Get great deals on prestige brands like American Eagle, Hugo Boss, Burberry, Columbia, Eddie Bauer, Merrell, Oakley, Polo and more.
- The Dawsonville Pool Room attracts a huge number of NASCAR racing enthusiasts every year thanks to its owner’s extensive personal collection of Bill Elliott memorabilia and autographed commemorative items.
- Bowen Center for the Arts showcases sculpture, paintings, handcrafted goods, pottery, jewelry and more. Highlights include the annual quilt exhibit in October and art openings for new exhibitors.
- Dawsonville Antiques has over 3,000 square feet of antique furniture and collectibles, often at great prices.
Farms and Corn Mazes in Dawsonville, GA
Farm fresh produce and fall-time corn mazes give Dawsonville many popular attractions in North Georgia.
- Uncle Shuck’s Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch carves out a legendary maze every Fall with an intricate, locally inspired design. In October, the maze turns spooky with a Haunted Maze theme. You can also pick your own pumpkins, shoot the air-powered corn cannon, buy handmade treats and crafts or watch the farm’s famous goats promenade on their playset.
- Burt’s Farm is home to thousands of pumpkins at one of the most popular u-pick pumpkin patches near Atlanta, GA. They also offer hayrides, an old-timey country store, and frequent live folk music.
- Bradley’s Pumpkin Patch and Christmas tree farm lets your family pick their own pumpkin or Christmas tree seasonally, and they also offer a rotating selection of farm fresh produce.
- Buck’s Corn Maze also boasts a fairly intricate corn maze every fall as well as their own nighttime maze events near Halloween and hayrides on the weekends.
Nature Walks and Hiking Trails Near Dawsonville, GA
Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains and near the foothills of the Appalachians, Dawsonville offers tranquil beauty and peaceful nature experiences all year long.
- Amicalola Falls is the state of Georgia’s tallest waterfall at 730 feet. You can enjoy a quick one-mile hike to the top of the falls to enjoy its dramatic spray. There is also a number of other trails, including a looped trail and a longer trail that serves as the approach for the Appalachian Trail southern terminus on Springer Mountain.
- Dawsonville Wildlife Management Area has seven miles of tranquil trails that are perfect for mountain bikers and horseback riders.
- War Hill Campground provides cheap camping spots for tents and campers as well as a scenic trail loop along the edge of Lake Lanier.
- Lake Lanier’s shoreline hugs the outer edge of Dawsonville, offering plenty of places for camping and launching a boat.
Other Great Things to Do When Visiting Dawsonville, GA
- Visit Kaya Vineyard and Winery in Dahlonega and other wineries near Dawsonville, GA
- Enjoy a round at the Chestatee Golf Club.
- Zoom around the treetops at the Amicalola Zipline and Aerial Adventure Park.
- Glaze your own mug, plate and more at the Outside the Lines kid-friendly pottery studio.
- Grab a bite at Big D’s BBQ just down the road from AMP, with delicious smoked brisket and pulled pork, including their legendary “brownie” burnt ends sandwich.