We’re looking for a rock star mechanic/tuner to join our team!
AMP Kart Racing, based at Atlanta Motorsports Park is the world’s most unique kart track offering a one stop solution for all things kart racing. This is your chance to join a fast-paced, dynamic business as it enters an exciting phase of its evolution with the opening of its new spectator and entertainment center including a kart retail and service shop. We’re looking for candidates who are ready to work hard, have fun and become a key player in our growing, fast-paced karting business as we take it to the next level.
You may be an experienced kart tuner who’s ‘been there and done that’ and is now looking to share your knowledge within an innovative motorsports environment. This is your chance to make AMP Kart Racing your permanent home and become a founding team member in a newly re-launched, ambitious business that’s ready to hear your ideas and share your wisdom.
Or you may be a rising star with a solid foundation as a kart mechanic/tuner looking to further your career in a dynamic environment that will provide you with the opportunity to develop and grow. We’re creating a training program using some of the best partners in the karting industry and are ready to invest in candidates with the right raw skills, an ability to learn fast and a hunger to succeed.
Remuneration will be determined based on candidate’s skill level and work experience.
Kart Tuner Position
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Capable of repairing karts as required
- Test and inspect engines to determine malfunctions, locate missing and broken parts and verify repairs using diagnostic instruments
- Perform routine maintenance such as cleaning and oiling parts and tuning ignition systems
- Be knowledgeable and maintain karts according to recommended maintenance schedules
- Maintain kart maintenance and repair records
- Maintain an organized and clean work environment
- Must have 2 cycle carburetor tuning experience
- Must be at least 16 years old (if under 18 a work permit is required)
- Must be able to work weekends and select holidays
- Must have good communication and customer service skills
- Must work well with other members of our staff
- Must be professional and courteous to our customers and co-workers
- Must be reliable and on time
- Must have 3+ year prior work experience with the service and repair of small engines, kart or motorcycle experience preferred
- Chassis tuning experience preferred
- Experience with kart chassis tuning desired
- Experience with alignment, scaling and steering systems necessary
- Ability to routinely perform functions including bending, reaching, turning, climbing and lifting up to 35 pounds
- Working in extreme weather conditions; heat and cold
- Valid driver’s license
- Passion for racing and motorsports that allows you to smile throughout your shift
Relocation expenses will be paid for the right candidate. Overseas applications will be considered. The physical requirements above are representative of those that must be met at AMP to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.